AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON - CLICK THE TROLLEY ICON TO BE TAKEN TO MY AMAZON PAGE. A knowledge based workbook for health and social care staff working.This training workbook will give you an understanding of advance care planning in care settings. The learner will already have undertaken effective communication and standard care planning awareness training. In addition to an awareness of why advance care planning is important, learners will explore various factors affecting advance care planning, the process of advance care planning and techniques for dealing with this sensitive part of care provision.
Complete this workbook to demonstrate that you can:
1. Describe what advance care planning is and why it is used
2. Understand advance wishes and mental capacity
3. Describe triggers for initiating advance care planning discussions
4. Understand how to initiate ACP – skills needed, what information, the right person and circumstances, sharing information, wider communication and reviews
5. Describe wishes, preferences, beliefs and values